Dentists have said that some people are too willing to abdicate control over their teeth to their cosmetic dentist. Today, patients have more choices than ever when it comes to choosing a Toronto dentist; thus, they can afford to be selective and screen dentists carefully before beginning a cosmetic procedure. The following is a list of important questions to ask any dentist before engaging him or her for an Invisalign procedure:
- How long have you been certified to perform Invisalign?
- How many Invisalign procedures have you performed?
- Can I see before-and-after pictures of your Invisalign patients?
- Can you provide references for me to contact?
- What will my procedure entail?
- How long should my procedure take?
- What are the risks of Invisalign for me?
- What if I’m not happy with the results?
- Do you offer a warranty or guarantee?
- Do you offer flexible payment plans?
- What related procedures can you recommend? Would porcelain veneers, for example, be a better choice for me? Why or why not?
Above all, patients should use their intuitions to guide them through the screening process. If the dentist makes them feel uncomfortable or is aggressively trying to up sell Invisalign at the expense of the patient’s smile, it may be best to consult other doctors.