Do not let hair loss hamper your style. Most women find bald men sexy, and this might be the option that is worth choosing. If you choose not to go bald, there are several men’s hairstyling products that you could use to help groom yourself better.
Here are a few things you must never do if you have thinning hair, a receding hairline or heavy hair loss.
Comb over – this is not a way to boost your manliness and make up for your scanty looks. Instead, it only accentuates your hair-loss problem and you will have to always look out for that next big breeze that could ruin your hairstyle.
Toupee – these are definite no-nos. Not only does it look fake most of the time, it is just too much trouble to keep it from falling off.
Hair plugs – prohibitively expensive, and sometimes does not grow the way the hair on your head does, which then makes it look fake.
Keep in mind that it is better not to try to disguise your baldness, instead, deal with your receding hairlines, and see how you can make the most of it.
When shaving your head, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
– Use a soapy washcloth to wipe against the grain of your hair; this makes it easier to shave
– Steam towel your head before and after shaving
– Use lots of shaving lubricant
– Use new blades when shaving your head. Make sure they are not clogged with lather or loose hair
– Use slow, even strokes. Do not apply pressure on the scalp.
– Do not use cocoa butter on your scalp – it will clog your pores.
Here are a few male grooming products that you should get for yourself:
– A soothing aftershave or moisturizer
– A formula that replenishes natural oils lost due to constant shaving
– A conditioner
– Scalp-specific sun block
– Razors designed for head shavings